Dance has always been an integral part of our culture. Be it for fun or celebration, we all love to move our legs to the beats of music. The history of dance dates back to centuries but over the years, dance has evolved. From classical forms like Odissi, Bharatanatyam and ball dance to modern forms like hip-hop and contemporary, the field of dance has seen a massive evolution over the decades. You don’t need to be a professional to move your hands and legs. Dance is something that everyone knows right from birth. It depicts our roots, our culture and tradition and what we are. Dance can tell stories. It can make and break a heart. It can make the most emotionally strong person cry. That’s the magic of dance.
Benefits of dance:
Firstly, let’s try to know about the benefits of dance classes.
- Dance serves as a great source of entertainment. It is fun and is also an expression of happiness and joy.
- Dance really helps you to remain fit and healthy. Dance, being a cardio-vascular exercise, helps in pumping more and more blood hence increasing circulation throughout the body. It is a great exercise for the lungs and heart.
- The movement of hands and legs is a vigorous exercise and hence dance is an excellent way of reducing weight. Dance forms like Zumba are a great way to reduce fat.
- It is a stress-buster, keeps you active and fresh and is also an anti-depressant.
- It prevents chronic diseases.
- It increases metabolism.